Here's our recipe for bacon-wrapped, cream cheese-stuffed jalapeño poppers smoked on the grill:
- 12 jalapeño peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 slices thin-cut bacon
- Your favorite sweet rub or seasoning
1. Preheat your grill or smoker for indirect cooking at around 250°F using charcoal and oak wood for smoke flavor.
2. Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membrane.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese until well blended.
4. Spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeño half, filling them up evenly.
5. Wrap each stuffed jalapeño with a slice of thin-cut bacon, securing it with toothpicks if needed.
6. Sprinkle your favorite sweet rub or seasoning onto the bacon-wrapped poppers for added flavor.
7. Place the poppers on the grill grates away from direct heat and close the lid.
8. Smoke the poppers for about 45-60 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the cheese filling is melted and bubbly.
9. Carefully remove the poppers from the grill using tongs or a spatula.
10. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving. Be sure to remove any toothpicks before eating!
For an added punch of flavor, brown some sausage or chorizo and add it to the cheese mixture before wrapping in bacon!
These poppers are always a hit for us. Let us know if you make them! Enjoy!